How much food is in each container/size?
We currently have three sizes:
Small = 12 oz container, 250-350 calories per meal, 4-6 oz of protein (pre-cooked weight)
Regular = 16 oz container, 350-600 calories per meal, 6-8 oz of protein (pre-cooked weight)
Large = 28 oz container, 600-800 calories per meal, 8-10 oz of protein (pre-cooked weight)
How do I prepare my meals?
All of our meals are plated into eco-friendly, BPA Free, reusable, microwavable containers. Specific heating instructions are printed on each meal's label.
Am I cooking my meals in the microwave?
No! All of our meals are prepared fresh and plated into microwavable containers, and then chilled to insure freshness. A microwave is only used to re-heat the meal.
Does re-heating with the Microwave kill nutrients?
No! Here is an Epicurious article which goes into more detail Does Microwaving Your Food Kill All the Nutrients?.
Where can I find Nutritional Information online?
From the Nutrition link at the top of the page, or right here Nutrition Information.
So are you like MyFitFoods or Snap Kitchen?
We're similar, but a few key differences.
- We are still in business whereas MyFitFoods is not as of Feb 12, 2017 ;)
- We cook all of our meals at our in-house Culinary Center from scratch with fresh ingredients.
- We emphasize flavor! We take a more gourmet approach to our meals, all of our chefs are CIA graduates.
- We offer meal plans and delivery options for the ultimate in convenience.
- We are a locally owned San Antonio family business!
How long have we been in business?
We started in 2010 at our location on Northwest Military Drive. We quickly outgrew that location and moved to The Colonnade, where we still are located.
Where did the name Zedric's come from?
The name comes from our illustrious leader Zach's great-grandfather's first name. He owned National Decorator Supply in Indiana for 50 years. Zach always followed him around when he would visit. Zedric also happens to be Zach's middle name.